Uncle Hub

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love, true love, never dies... No matter if they're true or not, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Bread of Life and Living Water

            Three major ingredients wait: water, flour, yeast.  A master molds them together, forming dough.  The master kneads the dough; he shapes it.  The dough rises.  Growing with time, the dough augments.  The master returns, and he places the risen dough in the oven.  The dough bakes.   The master removes the bread.  Hungry people gather around.  The master tears the bread.  He hands the broken and bruised pieces to the people.  They eat until filled. 
            A deep well rests near the edge of town.  A thirsty wanderer searches for the well.  Being fatigued, he has some difficult coming to the well.  Upon arriving he falls, utterly wasted.  A gentle hand lifts his head; a gourd touches his lips.  He drinks, quenching his thirst.
            Each Sunday I participate in a sacred ordinance: The Sacrament.  I break and bless the bread.  I prepare and bless the water.  I hold authority from God to perform these ordinances.  Why do I dutifully perform them though?  The Sacrament focuses lives to the Savior, Jesus Christ.   Jehovah, my personal Redeemer, sacrificed His flesh and His blood for me.  Serving and praising the Messiah constitutes the center of The Sacrament and my life. 
            The water in the sacrament represents the blood of the Prince of Peace.   He atoned for the sins of the world.  He took upon Him the pains, sicknesses, sorrows, and temptations of all humankind.  He suffered so much that He bled from every pore.  By His blood, I can be redeemed from death: physically and spiritually.  Every body else can be redeemed as well.  During Christ’s ministry, He said that those that thirst should come and drink from the Fountain of Living Water.  I drink, each Sunday, the living water.  By pledging by life to Christ, I receive the promise that I shall not thirst.  I am spiritually kept alive through the Living Water, or blood, of Christ.
            The bread in the sacrament represents the body of the Savior.  After He atoned for the world, the Jews convicted Him to die on the cross.  He endured whipping, mockery, spitting, and death.  His body, laid in a sepulcher, rested beaten, bruised, and torn.  He rose three days latter with a perfect body.  The only remains of His worldly pains existed as the scars from the driven nails.  These lay in the palm of each hand and in the center of each foot.   He became whole once again.  I eat the bread each week in remembrance of this event.  I know that Christ made it possible to heal me.   Jehovah exists as the Bread of Life.  Anybody that partakes of His sacrifice can receive life to their soul. Through my Redeemer, I can become whole: physically and spiritually. 
            I testify the Christ lives!  He loves me.  Christ is the Fountain of Living Water and the Bread of Life.  He lives so that I can receive eternal life.  He lives so that I can be joyful forever.  I rely on Christ.  Without bread and water, I would die…

No comments:

Post a Comment