Uncle Hub

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love, true love, never dies... No matter if they're true or not, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in.

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Debate

This subject’s one that I’ve mused.
In my mind I’m very confused.
Summer was great,
But now to debate,
Was it worth all the bad news?

Chaotic, summer has been.
Traveling round, again and again.
It was quite a rush,
Now I must hush,
For school, I’m now trapped in!

The text in my books is alive,
Even mathematics makes me jive.
School is fun,
I’m the lone one
Who thinks this way. Hope I survive…

School and summer, summer and school.
Days filled with books, days at the pool.
Which is best?
My case must rest
In the backbreaking regime of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment